Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Game plan on D
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,371

Game plan on D

Jan 5, 2019, 3:41 PM

I’m not overly concerned about our O. We will score some points.

The question is what to do on D. My guess would bring Muse or Simmons into the box to stop the run first. Huggie is gonna need some help. I also think it is critical to get pressure on Tua early. Blitz some on 1st down to try and create some 3 and longs. I know that is not BVs normal approach for the first half. Any other thoughts/ideas?

Our D is where I think the game will hinge on.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Game plan on D

Jan 5, 2019, 6:05 PM

Just watched a replay of the first 3 quarters of the ND game. Huggins was handled fairly well by them. Some plays he locked up with an OL and appeared to make no effort to shed the block. Other times he whiffed on tackles. On some plays he did very well and was either disruptive or made the stop. All-in-all, decent, but no Dexter Lawrence. We will have to give him some LB or safety help, which might leave holes in the secondary for 'Bama to exploit.

OTOH, I've read that the suspended 'Bama OL is the guy who will be going against Huggins, so maybe they will be handicapped at that match-up and Huggins will do well.

I trust Venables will find a way to match up and attack 'Bama.

As for where the game will hinge, I think both Ds are outstanding, so the hinge point may be the punting game - where I don't feel as comfortable. If Spiers has a good game in him, we need to see it Monday night.

Jan 5, 2019, 6:11 PM

There kicking game is as bad as ours. What we can’t do is try and return kickoffs and not get back to the 25. Fair catch it. The reason for slow offense start against ND was p I s s poor field position. Last year Bama did the same thing to us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2019, 6:13 PM

That's my point (field position). When you're in a game with 2 good Ds, the ability to flip the field is extremely important. No matter how good your D is, if you keep giving the other team the ball around the 50, bad things will happen to you.

You have to stop the pass first this year against Bama.

Jan 5, 2019, 6:06 PM

Sounds crazy given their history under Saban but you really have to limit Tua and those great WRs first and make them beat you running the ball.

#11 needs to play his best game ever.

Jan 5, 2019, 6:19 PM

He will need to cover a lot of ground to help the DBs cover.

Re: #11 needs to play his best game ever.

Jan 5, 2019, 6:36 PM

He has certainly stepped up his game lately - was terrific against ND.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,371
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic