Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Way too early spring storylines to watch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

New Story: Way too early spring storylines to watch

Jan 15, 2018, 8:01 AM

Way too early spring storylines to watch

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney often says that the best is yet to come, and despite the loss to Alabama in the Sugar Bowl recent events have put the Tigers at the forefront of the conversation when it comes to the 2018 season.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Way too early spring storylines to watch

Jan 15, 2018, 8:49 AM

The QB battle will be the most talked about but replacing Carter, Edmond, and Van Smith will be almost as important. I am assuming A.J. Terrell will be in the mix and really liked what i saw from him last year. Shame about Van Smith, while he isn't best player in the country he was steady and knew what was expected of him. While I like Muse, I always feel like he has 1 or 2 major busts in him every game. Hope he gains more understanding of what he needs to do back there instead of just looking like a head hunter.

Really think one of these QB's needs to transfer for their own good and the good of the team so we have less reps to dole out and can really see what we have in 2 or 3 guys instead of having to spread around the snaps too much and nobody taking control of this team. I wish nothing but the best for everyone on this team but there is no reason to have 5 or 6 QBs. Would much rather use 1 or 2 of those scholarships on a different area of our team. We seem a little thin at defensive backfield last year having to use ray ray back there at one point.

Wr doesn't seem nearly as interesting because of the talent we have, just plug and play for the majority of these guys, if Higgins and Rodgers don't take the spots, Overton and Powell will. If for some insane reason all four of these guys don't step up Kendrick and Thompson could probably do the job. That is a crazy amount of depth. That is with 2 of your most talented players leaving early. I really don't know any other program that could lose 1 of their top 3 early and reload like we do at WR.

Jan 15, 2018, 8:54 AM

I'd like to see muse move to Sam. There is a need and he has the skill set. Let Wallace and Simmons man safety, CB Mullen field Terrell with Williams and mcmichael adding depth.

Jan 15, 2018, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Way too early spring storylines to watch ]

With our offensive line spots needing to be the strength of our offense, what do you offensive guys see our offense being this coming season. Improved, the same, worse, or better than last years offensive line???

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2018, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Way too early spring storylines to watch ]

I agree about Muse. All the tools, but he is caught off guard too often and has taken some really dumb penalties. Hope he studies the playbook a lot harder and watches those films until they burn into his brain.

Jan 15, 2018, 8:51 AM

I think depth competitions will be the main point of interest, just don't see the ol in as much flux as you so. Would be shocked if Simpson isn't LG and either anchrum or pollard is RT, the real competition is RG and I wouldn't be shocked if cervenka or pollard move. I'd like to see carman backup both OT spots, of he takes over RT fine, so he is groomed to plug in at LT as a sophomore. Let Brock swing both guards so when cervenka takes over C in 19 you plug Brock in at RG. OL has to be strategic, it's so complex unlike most other groups.

Depth competitions across the defense will be interesting. WR I would be shocked if starters aren't Higgins renfrow Rogers.

Simpson has to be mentioned more prominently!***

Jan 15, 2018, 11:32 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2018, 9:17 AM

The BEST is Yet To COME!!!

Jan 15, 2018, 9:34 AM

Can someone tell me the date of the spring game? Thanks.

Spring game is 8 April @ 2:30 PM***

Jan 15, 2018, 10:47 AM

Did Austin not get a medical RS?

Jan 15, 2018, 10:53 AM

He and Clelin should have the same eligibility remaining if Austin received a medical redshirt when he missed his entire sophomore season. Did he just not take one?

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Did Austin not get a medical RS?

Jan 15, 2018, 10:56 AM

Bryant only missed the first half of last season.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jan 15, 2018, 10:56 AM

Really pulling for Shaq to win the Sam job if they try him there. I think Williams will do fine tho. Maybe even Mike Jones.

My eyes are on the OL

Jan 15, 2018, 12:39 PM

Hate to point fingers but the OL must improve. We were woeful all season but it didnt bite us hard til the end. With Hyatt coming back it will be interesting. There were times this year where he looked lost. Hopefully he comes back with a vengeance. But Im interested in what they do with Carmen. I say start him out at LG. If Hyatt plays like he is capable and Carmen destroys folks like he will, that left side can be nasty. Throw our best best blocking WR over there and get Etienne outside on screens, sweeps, tosses. Rodgers, Powell and Chase on Jet sweeps. Pound the middle with 225lb Fiester...over the top to Higgins and overton. TD.

^^exactly^^...

Jan 15, 2018, 1:16 PM

Had a good rushing average for the season, but should have had two runners go for 100 yards. The talent is there, they just need to be a physical line instead of a finesse line. Being finesse can be a liability

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1000 yards***

Jan 15, 2018, 1:17 PM

1000 yards***

Jan 15, 2018, 1:18 PM [ in reply to ^^exactly^^... ]

So basically we too deep...

Jan 15, 2018, 1:12 PM

nice problem to have tons of depth at every position group

Jan 15, 2018, 1:20 PM

An underrated storyline: BT Potter will not only win the kicking job, but also overtake Spiers as the full-time punter. He's an outstanding punter, but it often gets outshined by his ability to boom kicks from 50+ on a consistent basis. He'll do both here, and do them both at an all-conference level, if not better.

Jan 15, 2018, 1:31 PM

Man I hope those coaches with the big shiny rings are taking notes. Tnetters got it all figured out. ??

Jan 15, 2018, 4:12 PM

High hopes for our 18 Tigers. Seems all the pieces are there. Last year we improved our rushing O but relied too much on KB's legs to keep drives alive. Need more consistent blocking against better Ds. Anxiously awaiting the season start.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic