Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ESPN analyst has Clemson in the CFB playoff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 5,014

FB Update: ESPN analyst has Clemson in the CFB playoff

Aug 9, 2017, 10:08 AM

ESPN analyst has Clemson in the CFB playoff

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude knows whats up***

Aug 9, 2017, 10:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Dude knows whats up***

Aug 9, 2017, 12:54 PM

Pollack hasn't seen a single practice with our QB situation, and he hasn't seen how our receivers will gel with the adjusted offensive system that our coaches have to implement bc we DON'T have anything comparable to a DW4 style-type QB. My personal opinion is that we are going to be a championship team again this year but, I'm as bias pro Clemson fan as we have. Until I see how our team will perform and gel when all the pieces fit together and play, in my mind I can't see us being anything less than champions with a championship team. With Pollack though, he is going out on the limb and picking Clemson only bc he is basing his opinion with what is coming back on D and our talented depth on D. Our offense is going to be a wait and see as I've said, how will all the pieces fit and gel on our offense. I'm more than satisfied that there won't be a problem in our WR stable bc we have talented receivers across the board with our 1s and 2s that will play in the NFL if we have a QB that can get them the ball so they can prove their worth to NFL scouts. And it's the QB situation where every question that I have about our offense lays.

I don't believe a one of us can forget that sometimes, Dabo's conscious draws him to the side of the senior players. Myself like everyone that has seen, or we believe that we have seen, seniority play a role in Dabo's decision, in question for me is, I'm still hearing how Cole Stoudt gave us our best chance to win in a Chad Morris dual threat QB system that I believe was directly responsible for Cole's failure, asking him to do what we all knew he couldn't do, and that was run. Cole could have been many things as a QB and succeeded, but the running part in the meaning of dual threat wasn't one of them.

Now that our NC QB (DW4) has moved on to the NFL, it has left Dabo and our OC's with the task of making a difficult decision of who will overwhelmingly be the best QB for the "Clemson offense". My hope is that, who ever they choose will be able to win championships, and move on the the NFL when their career at Clemson is done. With the purest of honesty in me, I truly don't have a clue or an opinion on who that QB should be. I haven't seen a minute of the QB competition battle, and if I had, I'm glad that picking our next QB don't have a I thing to do with me or what I think. My thoughts are that I hope the coaches are going to do what is best for Clemson and the future of our FB program. So my thoughts on our QB situation is this, May the best QB that will be the best fit, Win the starting QB position, just as it's done with every position on our team. Best man up, strap up, and go hit somebody!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big Ten love should be questioned. . . ZERO points in

Aug 9, 2017, 10:36 AM

last two CFP games. PAC12 should have two horses contend with USC, Wash (easy schedule) and Stanford. Big 12 Okie State, Oklahoma and Texas have a shot (yes Texas - they have the Herminator). SEC - Has Bama and nothing else. ACC - FSU and Clemson.

CFB Selection Team screwed up last year taking OSU over Penn State, but it was awesome kickin' the hurtin' buckeroos all over Scottsdale and then punting them back to always cloudy with a chance of snow Columbus, OH.

Re: Big Ten love should be questioned. . . ZERO points in

Aug 9, 2017, 10:42 AM

If David is correct, the Tigers get to munch on some more Buckeyes before the big show. :)

Re: FB Update: ESPN analyst has Clemson in the CFB playoff

Aug 9, 2017, 10:53 AM

If Heather Dimwitch doesn't have us in the final group, then we are a shoe-in to be there. She is there because of gender, IMO, and has added nothing of substance to any broadcast I ever heard. I do like Pollock, though. He is a good analyst, and is fair in most assessments. I believe I remember him picking AL last year, or the year before, so his sec homerism still exists some, but I think he does a good job most of the time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2017, 11:34 AM

He is an SEC homer, but I don't think it clouds his judgment. He picked Alabama to be in the final correctly both times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Picking Bama for the playoffs is certainly no sign of intelligence***

Aug 9, 2017, 1:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Picking Bama for the playoffs is certainly no sign of intelligence***

Aug 9, 2017, 1:12 PM

Or homerism...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Picking Bama for the playoffs is certainly no sign of intelligence***

Aug 20, 2017, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Picking Bama for the playoffs is certainly no sign of intelligence*** ]

Well, it may show "Homerism", but I guess it's a good bet lately, since they have been, and probably still are, the team the secheat hangs its hat on and believes still gives them some degree of credibility. If you are a fan of that conference, you have to pull for the team that carries the rest of the conference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2017, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: ESPN analyst has Clemson in the CFB playoff ]

No need for me to reply now. Youve covered it.??

Aug 20, 2017, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: ESPN analyst has Clemson in the CFB playoff ]

I really think he and Herbstreit are the class of that network.

Aug 9, 2017, 10:58 AM

Knew I liked this guy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deer Tony Crumpton, or whoever you are

Aug 9, 2017, 11:09 AM

Dabo said we are "Attacking National Champions". Please to not use terminology related to "Defense" or "Defending" as that is ofensive.

Thanks,

Aug 9, 2017, 11:23 AM

The Tigers are defending the last one but also attacking the new one. D Pollack has a football mind and some common sense. Two characteristics in low quantity in other ESPN analysts. Oh yeah, didn't I mention noticeable conference bias. That bug bites nearly all.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2017, 3:41 PM

WELL, Kelly Bryant isn't tall enough for Heather Dinich, and that means that she won't be favoring Clemson over any of her favorites. Bryant at 6'3" just isn't tall!!! But we will not be able to pull her away from Trevor Lawrence at 6'6". With Trevor, Heather will have us ahead of everybody in everything. She will even have 6'6" Trevor Lawrence the best offensive and defensive player in the country, hands down!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Aug 20, 2017, 9:23 PM

Maybe she has this fixation on tall guys with big feet, because she has heard a rumor. I am 6'7" tall and have a 14 shoe, but I wouldn't say I'm way above average in some other measurable she may be fixated on, but I never really paid much attention. Maybe she does.

#### Heather D!! THat is all!***

Aug 9, 2017, 5:19 PM

Stanford?

Aug 10, 2017, 6:58 AM

Seems like that pick came out of nowhere...

They have some great talent at the moment.*****

Aug 10, 2017, 7:09 AM

Replies: 19
| visibility 5,014
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic