Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The lightening rod for the new ACCN?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

The lightening rod for the new ACCN?

May 23, 2019, 2:57 PM

I probably posed this question before but who will the ACCN get to be the main star for the ACCN when it comes to football. I do not want a basketball retread. And we do not need a format as dried as the BIG Ten. It is like watching paint dry. As for input on Clemson, I nominate Will Merritt. He was great on radio and knows the sport to it's depth.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eric Mac Lain has been hired by the ACCN

May 23, 2019, 2:59 PM

http://theacc.com/news/2019/4/6/former-clemson-star-eric-mac-lain-joins-acc-network-as-football-studio-analyst.aspx

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

***LIGHTNING***

May 23, 2019, 3:19 PM

Re: The lightening rod for the new ACCN? We all know

May 23, 2019, 3:24 PM

Munson is a shoe in for this. Or maybe Tommy Bowden. Third choice is Hootie (not the no talent coot but the genius who killed the Hill Run entrance in the early 70's) ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you Will? No one else would want that.***

May 23, 2019, 4:37 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you Will? No one else would want that.***

May 23, 2019, 7:23 PM

No, I live in the low country. I do know when somebody knows a subject when I listen to them on radio.
Will put time in to know what was going on and spotted our trick plays as they were lining up. They will have a talking head, but it would be nice to be able to talk the ins and outs. Opinions belong to each of us but knowledge is earned not just "thought up". Munson is an announcer on radio and is good at it. Not anywhere as good as Jim Phillips was but good enough. Tommie Bowden talks football but I would trust him to take out the bath water, figuring he would throw out the baby. And Hootie is a good administrator; in the SEC. Leave him there.

Lightning rod like Finebaum?

May 23, 2019, 4:42 PM

Someone that says outlandish and stupid things and is often wrong? Maybe talks in a bad Yankee accent? Has an old lady sidekick named something like Ramona?

Can’t think of anyone

Re: Lightning rod like Finebaum?

May 23, 2019, 7:27 PM

That is why I want someone to be able to bring an expertise to the network. Finebaum is the lightening rod for the SEC network. They bring in outside experts. He just runs a call in show that is opinion driven. That is why that dweeb is employed.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic