Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rules to speed up Major League baseball
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 14
| visibility 801

Rules to speed up Major League baseball

May 8, 2024, 9:47 AM

Since I am an Xfinity customer and can no longer watch the Braves, I was wondering how limiting the pitcher throwing over to first with a man on is working out. What keeps the runner, once the pitcher can no longer throw over to hold him on base, from getting a lead all the way to almost second and easily stealing the base, once the pitcher throws to the plate?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can throw over after that, just has to get him out.***

May 8, 2024, 9:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rules to speed up Major League baseball

May 8, 2024, 10:22 AM

If he takes a stupid lead like that just step off and start walking straight at him

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2024, 5:31 PM

I saw an article (on line) a couple weeks ago and it was about a runner on third who - knowing the pitcher had used up his allotment of throws - started walking toward home. According to how I recall in the article (I have slept several times since then), as soon as the pitcher stepped off to get the runner, the umps stopped the game and awarded the runner home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

these networks have killed baseball... you can't watch baseball anymore on tv

May 8, 2024, 10:22 AM

There are two games on a week. Fox on Saturday and Espn on Wednesday and thats it. The affect is kids don't really play baseball anymore they've all went over to soccer.. the monopolization of media providers are driving the baseball industry into extinction... Tried to watch the Clemson game last night and its on espn+.. i already pay a crap-ton for my current tv setup I can't stomach another bill. Its just death by a thousand cuts. I used to watch every Cubs game i could growing up on WGN while my dad and brother were huge Braves fans.. those games were on every night just about.. now i see maybe a handful cubs games and absolutely zero Braves games b/c of the blackout rules.. its just fubar. Sorry done whining now.

Re: these networks have killed baseball... you can't watch baseball anymore on tv

May 8, 2024, 12:03 PM

^^^^^^^^^^ Amen to all you said!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Old school here

May 8, 2024, 10:26 AM

I hate the changes the bean counters are making to Americas Favorite Pastime!

Go Tigers and Braves

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2024, 10:34 AM

Streameast has free streams for every MLB game:

https://www.thestreameast.to/cccz-mlb-streams/

You can also get a free subscription to MLB.TV if you're a T-Mobile customer, but that offer for the 2024 season expired on April 2nd so you'd have to wait until next year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2024, 10:38 AM

It has definitely led to an increase in stolen bases, but, not the worst thing in the world. From what I have seen, it has also led to an increase in pick-offs at first as well. I have seen several this year just casually watching and you used to almost never see that.

With the pitch clock, the runner is almost anticipating that move to the plate as the clock counts down, and the smart pitchers have used that to get tricky on some base runners.

I have been enjoying the pitch clock personally, it really adds a nice flow to the game, without appearing rushed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2024, 10:42 AM

I have not watched a lot, but definitely like the pitch clock. It really keeps the game moving.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2024, 10:42 AM

My understanding is that MLB games have sped up total time of better 30 minutes on average.

i.e. if game last as 3hrs, this year the is now 2.5hrs on avg.

Have you checked out MLB.TV? They have one free game per day to stream.

Just throwing that out there.

Go Tigers! Go Braves!

May 8, 2024, 11:44 AM

The pitcher has to throw over less so he doesn't run out of throws.

It's an annoying part of the game.

Glad they made the change.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2024, 12:10 PM

The biggest thing to drag games out is to not call the pitches within the strike zone a strike. Up around the letters is a strike. They're calling up above the belt a ball. Crazy small strike zone. Too much offense as it is. One to nothing is the best game. Not 10 to 9. When a lot of runs starts scoring I watch something else. Too boring.

May 8, 2024, 12:44 PM

I actually saw for the first time the pitcher throw over three times and not pick off the runner. He got a free base and scored on the next pitch that was roped into right for a single. I like the rule.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I played in a charity softball tournament

May 8, 2024, 1:06 PM

With 64 teams and every batter started with a 3-2 count. No standing around that day! Games were about 30 minutes on average and the whole thing was played in one day on 4 fields. Great times and a good fundraiser. Wonder how that would go for the MLB??

Replies: 14
| visibility 801
Tiger Boards - Clemson Baseball
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next