Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
men's tennis picks up a commitment for next season
Tiger Boards - Other Clemson Sports
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 5
| visibility 601

men's tennis picks up a commitment for next season

Apr 24, 2024, 4:48 PM

https://twitter.com/ParsaBombs/status/1783214267308913008

Bulgarian player who has played some junior davis cup for them. That UTR of 12.37 would put him in the lineup around 5 or 6 on the current team.

He was also being recruited Mississippi State but chose Clemson, which is a good sign because Miss State is consistently a top 15 program who find good talents from their Balkan pipeline. So if they were clued in on him then he is probably a good prospect with upside. Nice to see Coach Wagner go in there and take from their usual pipeline.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you play at Clemson, or involved with the team? Just curious since you

Apr 24, 2024, 6:51 PM

have so much interest in it. I’m glad you give the tidbits and info, appreciate it.

yeah, I was student manager of the team during my junior and senior years

Apr 24, 2024, 7:30 PM

at Clemson. So I traveled with them to away matches and everything for those two seasons. (we made NCAA tournament my senior year).

I played at the club level my entire time at Clemson; went to play 4-5 times a week for four years, back when the facility was for the general public to. I also coached at Nancy Harris' youth summer camps a couple of years.

I've been to several college tennis facilities for matches outside of Clemson matches over the years as well. I just love the layers of the sport and how the college aspect gives it unique team dynamics.

Re: men's tennis picks up a commitment for next season

Apr 25, 2024, 1:09 PM

Can't thank you enough T_I_P for keeping us updated on the tennis programs. I'm actually developing more and more interest from your posts. Sounds like we're definitely trending up on both sides.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you! That is sorta my goal

Apr 25, 2024, 4:13 PM

just to keep everyone abreast of whats going on. Even if someone is not the biggest tennis fan, I think people just gain a little bit of interest simply if they know the players, opponents, stakes etc.

Hopefully anyone that reads these updates that I do starts to care a little more and even more in coming years as we hopefully improve to being a top 25 type program again.

Re: Thank you! That is sorta my goal

Apr 25, 2024, 7:37 PM

Thanks for your updates, Go Tigers!

Replies: 5
| visibility 601
Tiger Boards - Other Clemson Sports
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next