Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LOVE THIS ARTICLE
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1325

LOVE THIS ARTICLE

May 20, 2024, 8:56 AM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/college-football-post-spring-top-25-rankings/ar-BB1mI7AE?ocid=msedgntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=05b15bd10446405ba4243e836b5c0d86&ei=24

16. Clemson Tigers
Spring update: As my colleague David Hale pointed out, there were four FBS teams that didn't take a transfer from the portal this offseason: Air Force, Army, Navy and Clemson. Transferring into one of the service academies requires the intervention of a member of the U.S. Congress. For whatever reason, transferring to Clemson seems to be even more difficult these days. After the Tigers dropped four games for the first time since 2011 and finished 52nd in the FBS in scoring offense (29.8 points per game), it seemed like a good time to bring in experienced help. It didn't happen. There's no question Clemson's defense is going to be one of the best in the FBS with linemen Peter Woods and T.J. Parker leading the way. Clemson coach Dabo Swinney is betting that quarterback Cade Klubnik is going to be much better in his second season under offensive coordinator Garrett Riley. Freshman receiver Bryant Wesco looked great in the spring, and four-star T.J. Moore joins the team later this month.

They still don't get it. I am excited to be a witness to what is about to happen. Pay attention folks! Transfer portal be ######, if Clemson adheres to its principles and does not bend nor fold to the pressure of the media, Clemson will be THE PREMIER institution that all recruits want to go to. Head Coach Dabo Swinney has built a program that is a program built to last. Irrespective of the changes to the college football landscape or the other nonsense going on, if Clemson sticks to its principles and adheres to the culture it has created then Clemson will come out on top. Will Clemson win a Conference or National Championship every season.... No. However, the Clemson Tigers will win more than half of the Championships for the foreseeable future if they merely stick to cultural principles. I'm fine with that because it continues to build the storied legacy of CLEMSON!

GO TIGERS!

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: LOVE THIS ARTICLE

May 20, 2024, 9:02 AM

Time will tell and I am hoping Dabo does it his way as long as his way works.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2024, 9:09 AM

It will be interested and I tend to agree. However, I will caution that proof will not come in the form of a top 1-2 recruiting class. As long as it is an option most of the top 30 players will still gravitate to the payday. Most of those players are not the culture fit for Clemson and passing on these types of players is why Dabo rarely lands a top 1-2 class. I do expect it will resonate with enough players in the top 300 each year that Clemson moves into the top 10 and if we can keep NIL for retention will result in a strong team year over year. If you give yourself a chance most seasons another championship will come.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 20, 2024, 1:13 PM

With 5 stars jumping to the portal after every season I wonder if we'll see separations akin to Men's Basketball. Portal pirates are like John Calipari at Kentucky. Sure they're pumping out players to the NBA but they weren't putting it together in the playoffs. If you look at UCONN, Perdue and the teams that went deep, they had players that had been together multiple seasons. How fast can the rent-a-players learn a system and can you keep them long enough to benefit from it?

May 20, 2024, 10:56 AM

Be sure to forward this to David Sanders and our other top HS prospects. They need the memo. Time will tell.

"I am excited to be a witness to what is about to happen."

May 20, 2024, 10:59 AM

I've heard this since 2020. Ya'll are still just as delusional.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "I am excited to be a witness to what is about to happen."

May 20, 2024, 11:57 AM

Ball security can be coached by the coaches, but the players have to execute ball security. If Clemson had ball security last season, then we would have been to the playoff.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

May 20, 2024, 1:28 PM

It's the difference between building a team and building a program.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hoping Dabo and Matt Luke can pull in some o-linemen

May 20, 2024, 1:33 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/college-football-post-spring-top-25-rankings/ar-BB1mI7AE?ocid=msedgntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=05b15bd10446405ba4243e836b5c0d86&ei=24

16. Clemson Tigers
Spring update: As my colleague David Hale pointed out, there were four FBS teams that didn't take a transfer from the portal this offseason: Air Force, Army, Navy and Clemson. Transferring into one of the service academies requires the intervention of a member of the U.S. Congress. For whatever reason, transferring to Clemson seems to be even more difficult these days. After the Tigers dropped four games for the first time since 2011 and finished 52nd in the FBS in scoring offense (29.8 points per game), it seemed like a good time to bring in experienced help. It didn't happen. There's no question Clemson's defense is going to be one of the best in the FBS with linemen Peter Woods and T.J. Parker leading the way. Clemson coach Dabo Swinney is betting that quarterback Cade Klubnik is going to be much better in his second season under offensive coordinator Garrett Riley. Freshman receiver Bryant Wesco looked great in the spring, and four-star T.J. Moore joins the team later this month.

They still don't get it. I am excited to be a witness to what is about to happen. Pay attention folks! Transfer portal be ######, if Clemson adheres to its principles and does not bend nor fold to the pressure of the media, Clemson will be THE PREMIER institution that all recruits want to go to. Head Coach Dabo Swinney has built a program that is a program built to last. Irrespective of the changes to the college football landscape or the other nonsense going on, if Clemson sticks to its principles and adheres to the culture it has created then Clemson will come out on top. Will Clemson win a Conference or National Championship every season.... No. However, the Clemson Tigers will win more than half of the Championships for the foreseeable future if they merely stick to cultural principles. I'm fine with that because it continues to build the storied legacy of CLEMSON!

GO TIGERS!

UGA, BAMA, LSU, MICH, OH ST and more top programs and Midwest programs like IOWA and OKLA kick our butts every year in recruiting o-linemen. It matters. These programs sell recruits on proven college program to NFL success pipeline.

Luke can change this status quo. Clemson recruiting at other positions is much stronger.

Clemson's success in 2024 will be defined at Offensive Coordinator, QB, and primarily o-line. Optimistic Riley, QB and WR's will step up. More concerned about o-line.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have enough talent at OL to have a really strong starting 5-7.

May 20, 2024, 2:30 PM

I don't think OL will be a weakness. May not be world beaters, but definitely our best in a LONG time.

Go Tigers!

Replies: 9
| visibility 1325
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic