Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Had to make a business trip to the Coot Capital...
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 2
| visibility 901

Had to make a business trip to the Coot Capital...

May 2, 2024, 11:18 PM

...yesterday morning and I thought I'd share my experience.

It was a relatively normal day in hell's armpit. Trash covered sidewalks, nonstop police sirens, homeless people duking it out in front of Mast General etc. You know, the typical cola shenanigans. Oh, and the routine drug deer running into oncoming traffic. Can't forget about them.

Anyway, my route took me through the campus of the state mental hospital. No, not Bull Street. The other one with the horseshoe. Yeah, that one. As I was driving by, a familiar looking character caught my eye. It was everyone's favorite cross-dressing c ock! He was shooting some sort of promo vid for the institution and was holding a sign that said "Building Champions". I was just as puzzled as you are. Did the head chicken, or anyone, not proofread the sign? It's a shame the great Lieutenant General Robert Caslen is no longer running the joint. He didn't put up with any of that false statement nonsense!

After my meeting, I went to have lunch with an old friend at Mellow Mushroom in the Vista. We had an enjoyable time catching up. Slightly above average Mellow pizza, nothing to write home about. As we headed out and back to our vehicles, we passed a group of Cocky's finest. Now, I was wearing a Clemson polo, so one could have easily guessed where my loyalties lie. As we passed each other, one of them spoke up and said, "Clemson? I hope you go ef yourself with a knife".

Peak cootness.

My buddy was appalled, I laughed it off. I kid you not, no more than 10 seconds later, we heard a loud calamity. Now, for those of you who are familiar with the Vista, you know there are various side streets and parking lots off of Gervais. Plenty of opportunities for people to run red lights/stop signs or simply pullout without looking. I turned my head and there was our friend lying on the ground in front of some type of crossover/suv. He eventually got up and started beating his fist on the hood and cussed out the driver. I was relieved the young man seemed to be ok and that it didn't result in something worse, but I couldn't help but think, karma really is a you know what.

PS:
As I headed home, I saw a billboard advertising the university being ranked #1 nationally for first year experience. It makes sense. If you've been living in a landfill for the last 18 years, then you'll feel right at home!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Had to make a business trip to the Coot Capital...

May 3, 2024, 1:45 AM

Hmmmmm……….#1 in first year experience?

OK, that’s fine, but uhhhhhhhhh…..what about all the years since 1801?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Had to make a business trip to the Coot Capital...

May 3, 2024, 10:27 AM

They constantly harp on thing that are meaningless. All they have is women's basketball. That's it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 901
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next